The Smokehouse

The Smoke House

Smoke House

A gentleman named “Uncle John Maracle” built the smoke house in 1810. Mr. Maracle was one of the first persons to settle in the part of Norfolk County. This building was made of hand-hewn, dovetailed timber and was used to smoke meat before the days of refrigeration. This building was moved from Edgeworth Park piece by piece, the same time as the log cabin.

Back to Features